Outdoor Lifestyle, a South African furniture manufacturer, is expanding into Africa and is seeking distributors in the rest of the continent.
Outdoor Lifestyle has been manufacturing quality contemporary furniture for over 20 years. Besides being firmly established in the South African market, the company’s products are currently exported to the United States, Europe, the Middle East and Australia.
Africa is experiencing a property development boom, and Outdoor Lifestyle wants to capitalise on this growth through capable distributors across the continent.
The company’s furniture can be used in a wide variety of settings, from hotels to restaurants to individual homes. Distributors can either sell the furniture through their own retail outlets or supply specific developments, such as new hotels or residential estates.
Outdoor Lifestyle is not looking at establishing franchises, but distributors will be able to buy products at wholesale prices. A number of well known South African retailers such as Tafelberg Furnishers, House and Home, and Patio Warehouse, currently benefit from similar arrangements.
The company will also assist distributors with marketing materials and refer all relevant country enquiries to the respective distributors.
Although Outdoor Lifestyle manufactures a wide range of contemporary outdoor furniture, it is currently very excited about the possibilities for its Gyro tables.
The Gyro table’s unique features include:
- Self stabilising – Don’t annoy your guests with wobbly tables. The Gyro will automatically stabilise by adjusting the lock mechanism.
- Stackable – Thanks to the Gyro’s stackability, you can pack out more tables during business and need less stacking space when closed.
- Foldable – Maximise your restaurant’s flexibility. The Gyro can be folded flat in seconds to be repositioned or stored. What a space saver.
- Gyro tables are perfect for any entertaining space, from a bistro table to café tables and appealing outdoor café furniture. The product can also be branded with photographic quality graphics. Branded tables are scratch and fade resistant with a very high UV resistance.
Outdoor Lifestyle manufactures a range of other products – mostly aluminium furniture – for outdoor use. These include:
- Chairs, benches and barstools
- Deep seating
- Pool loungers
- Hospitality furniture
“Our competitive advantage is the quality of the materials we use and the effort that goes into the manufacturing process. Many companies are delivering cheaper products into the market, but they don’t last nearly as long as ours,” says Outdoor Lifestyle’s Sean Smit.