Inter Africa Engineering, a Johannesburg-based group of companies, is expanding into the rest of Africa and seeks distributors for its full range of products, which includes hydraulic hose and fittings, cylinders, pumps, valves, trailer and container workshops and stainless steel convoluted hose.
Industries to which the company supplies its products include foundries, smelters, mines, oil, gas and chemicals. In South Africa, Inter Africa Engineering supplies mainly to blue chip corporates although small and medium companies also need and use its products.
“We wish to break into the African market outside of South Africa and feel that the best way is to offer a distributor our full range of products rather than look for a distributor for each range. This is because in general the customers that you will be targeting will be the same and going in with a wider product offering will increase your chances of a sale,” says Inter Africa Engineering’s David Sloan.
“We do not think that this is an easy business but we know that the rewards are substantial for the person that is willing to invest their time and effort,” he adds.
What is the company looking for in a distributor?
- Sales experience
- A company or individual
- Existing industrial contacts (an advantage, but not essential)
- Computer and an internet connection
- Ability to communicate from the top level down to the foreman
- Attention to detail – the paperwork must be right
- Someone in for the long-term
What does the company offer as a supplier?
- Honesty – if an order comes out of your territory you will be credited for it, always!
- Inter Africa Engineering is an ISO 9002 certified group of companies and as such you will only get a quality product from us
- The company will supply information, samples and brochures so that when you meet the client you are prepared
- A generous commission structure
- Minimal financial risk
- Excellent service. You will have one dedicated contact person that will take care of all your queries and questions
- Inter Africa Engineering has training material and this can be enhanced by going through it via Skype