Attention! This job posting is 70 days old and might be already filled.
|Company Name||Baker Hughes|
|Date Posted||'16 October 2012'|
|Category||Oil & Gas|
BAKER HUGHES is hiring
Field Engineer - Wireline - Luanda, Angola
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry.
By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers’ expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company’s 58000+ employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources.
Baker Hughes technology centers in the world’s leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximise reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset.
Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling & evaluation, completions & production, and fluids & chemicals.
At Baker Hughes, the Field Engineer has the following responsibilities:
- Under broad direction determines and develops resolution to an assortment of problems encountered at the wellsite of moderately complex scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Supervises the training of less experienced engineers and personnel.
- Performs additional duties within the district.
- Works with Customer Representative and drill crew on location to coordinate operations with the rig and or production facility.
- Provides record of all assemblies as run to the Customer Representative at the wellsite.
- Advises Customer Representative in the logging and completions operations; interpreting logging data, troubleshooting, and other wellsite analysis and decision-making processes.
- Supervises crew and equipment at the wellsite and at the shop to provide specific logging and completions services.
- Responsible for the maintenance of equipment and facility.
- Maintains records and communications as required by the District Manager.
- Assists with the training of assigned personnel incompletions operations and maintenance.
- Promotes and maintains good customer relations.
- Performs all required responsibilities safely and as described in Managing Base Operations, Managing Well Operations, and Managing Equipment and Logistics manuals.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Value
Skills, Knowledge & Education required for this role:
- University Degree in Engineering or Applied Science required.
- 3 + years experience with in-depth knowledge of Wireline Completions products and services.
- Highly skilled in multiple applications.
- Able to identify the proper product and service for simple or complex applications.
- Ability to work and communicate well with internal and external customers.
- Full time, regular.
- Angolan nationals only.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer
To apply, follow the link bellow and enter this job requisition ID: 1221596.
LinkedIn invites welcome: http://za.linkedin.com/in/williamvernes